Since 1867 the Grange has worked tirelessly for America’s family farmers and rural communities. Rural communities are the backbone of our nation and a key part of our national self-identity. Today, farming and rural communities face serious social and economic challenges. Valley Grange continues to fight to preserve family farms, our rural communities and the rural lifestyles they represent.
When rural communities decline, we all lose:
- Family farmers and ranchers and the natural resources they faithfully nurture.
- The quality of life that comes from living in a community where your neighbors are also your friends and your primary support network.
- Responsive public officials who genuinely care about the concerns of local citizens because they live and work among them every day.
- The knowledge of traditional rural folk art, handicraft and homemaking skills.
- Local education with low student/teacher ratios and high parent involvement.
- Locally driven economic development opportunities for entrepreneurs.
- The “Can Do” tradition of rural community problem solving and volunteerism.
The Contributions of our Rural Communities are an irreplaceable treasure You can make a difference. With your support, we can help our rural communities to be places where people want to live, work and raise their families. Your membership will help us continue programs that fight for rural communities in Congress and in our state legislatures; support local farms; preserve heirloom skills and crafts; provide local activities for rural children and young adults and promote volunteer community service projects.
Joining is also very affordable (you’ll be surprised), meeting requirements are minimal–you get to spend your time making a difference in our communities. Check our meeting schedule and just drop by for supper and a meeting, contact any officer or member, or send an email. You’ll be glad you did!